Joycelyn Taylor (Taylor for 2021) is currently accepting applications for volunteers. The Taylor For 2021 Volunteer Program is designed to give substantial real-life exposure to campaign politics on a local level. We're not just fighting to get Joycelyn Taylor elected, we're fighting to refocus the NYC political system to actually work for you. We are looking for hard-working, motivated candidates who are interested in politics and fundraising.
Benefits of the Taylor For 2021 Internship Program?
- An opportunity to work day to day with campaign staff who are passionate about rethinking government and breaking free of traditional constraints.
- Receive first hand experience with the ins and outs of how mayoral campaigns are run and how they function
- Strengthen your understanding of the political process and prepare for future political opportunities
- Cultivate meaningful skills while forming lasting connections
Essential Duties and Learning Objectives:
Volunteers may work in all departments, including: political, policy, phone canvassing, operations, scheduling, digital, and more. They will assist with department-specific work related to increasing the capacity and fulfilling project-related tasks. Generally, no more than 25% of a Volunteer’s time will be spent on administrative tasks.
- Donor research.
- Outreach & Prepping for campaign events.
- Conducting follow up from fundraisers.
- Helping in various administrative and staffing needs for the campaign.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Data input and management.
Qualifications: Who are we looking for?
- Hardworking, motivated, passionate future leaders interested in gaining experience and involvement in Democratic politics.
- Students majoring in policy, politics, government, or other relevant coursework, in addition to those majoring in all other courses of study; however, non-students are encouraged to apply.
- Those who have immediate availability and the capacity to intern for at least 5-15 hours per work
- Those who can be available for evening or weekend work, and those who are available during normal business hours
- Prior campaign or fundraising experience, while not necessary, is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Docs and Sheets.
- Must live in the New York City area.
Volunteers can expect to learn:
- Volunteers will gain unique insight into New York’s political processes.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Research and Data management skills.
- An understanding of the skills and knowledge needed for professional success.
- An understanding of how political campaigns operate.
- And more.