We are hiring Phone canvassers/fundraisers to support Taylor for 2021 and promote the campaign initiatives & values. We call donors and prospective voters to educate them on our issues/campaign.
As a Political Fundraising Volunteer, you will be asked to conduct research, construct event flyers, make fundraising calls and construct candidate briefings. This is an entry level unpaid opportunity, and the work is 100% virtual. There will be ample training and support for any task that may be assigned.
- Engage with supporters & voters over the phone, educating them on issues, campaign and candidate.
- Prospective supporter research
- Call potential supporters to build events
- Good communication and interpersonal skills on the phone and in person
- Ability to follow general script and adjust as needed to audience
- Ability to consistently meet weekly call goals
- Basic computer skills
- Consistently show up on-time for weekly shifts
- Positive attitude, able to be a team player and contribute to a good workplace culture
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Previous electoral phone and/or door canvassing experience, either in a paid or unpaid capacity, is preferred
Volunteers can expect to learn:
- Volunteers will gain unique insight into New York’s political processes.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Research and Data management skills.
- An understanding of the skills and knowledge needed for professional success.
- An understanding of how political campaigns operate.
- And more.