We are hiring a part-time social media specialist to support Taylor for 2021 social media growth. Your focus will be to grow true and authentic engagement and following.
As a social media specialist volunteer, you will be asked to assist with strategy ideation and execution of the outreach plan. The goal is to turn followers into campaign supporters.
This is an intermediate unpaid opportunity, and the work is 100% virtual. You will work directly with the Campaign Marketing Manager.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating supporters.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Compile social media analytics reports
- Analyze key metrics
- Prior campaign or fundraising experience, while not necessary, is a plus.
- Current on social media best practices.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Proficiency in Google Docs.
- Must have understanding of the New York City area societal cultures.
- Able to work in mornings, evenings, and weekends outside office hours as needed.
- Ability to multitask and perform well in a fast-paced work environment.
Volunteers can expect to learn:
- Volunteers will gain unique insight into New York’s political processes.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Research and Data management skills.
- An understanding of the skills and knowledge needed for professional success.
- An understanding of how political campaigns operate.
- And more.